Re: computer virus software--NO LBC

To: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@comcast.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: computer virus software--NO LBC
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:17:46 -0800 (PST)
i pay $25/year for mcaffee's subscription service.  i have not had a
virus since i started using them and you are not limited to one
computer.  (i think officially you are, but you are not stopped from
installing it 50 times if you like).  not the cheapest, but it auto
updates itself for no additional charge at least 1-5x a week.

--- Geoff Branch <gjbranch@comcast.net> wrote:
> After spending DAYS moving files from my old computer to my new one,
> I loaded Norton Systemworks on the new machine and it brought it to
> it's knees.  Slowed it right down to a crawl.  Luckily, it removed
> ok.  BUT....
>
> I am of course worried about a virus, this being a Bill Gates product
>  (new motto:  Go Figure.....Go Microsoft),  and I seem to remember
> that some of the list members have discussed virus protection
> software that they are using.
>
> Any help??  Thanks.
>
> Geoff Branch

=====