Re: computer virus software--NO LBC

To: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: computer virus software--NO LBC
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:28:38 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Believe me.........

GJB
----- Original Message -----
From "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy at bbl.med.upenn.edu>
To: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 9:00 PM

Umm,

Get a Mac ;-)

Larry

On Feb 26, 2004, at 4:14 PM, Geoff Branch wrote:

> After spending DAYS moving files from my old computer to my new one, I
> loaded Norton Systemworks on the new machine and it brought it to it's
> knees. Slowed it right down to a crawl. Luckily, it removed ok.
> BUT....
>
> I am of course worried about a virus, this being a Bill Gates product
> (new motto: Go Figure.....Go Microsoft), and I seem to remember that
> some of the list members have discussed virus protection software that
> they are using.
>
> Any help?? Thanks.
>
> Geoff Branch
>
> --
>  This message has been scanned for viruses and
> believed to be clean.
Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 1015 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

  "Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions, they are a lot easier to
  handle than dumb mistakes.

believed to be clean.