FW: [Fwd: Dick Buckingham - 2/28/04]

To: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: [Fwd: Dick Buckingham - 2/28/04]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:37:13 -0600
-----Original Message-----

Cc: lwdent@localnet.com; l.duffield@comcast.net

a vintage racer that was injured needing help....

all you Thickos and Spridgeteers.... read below. Contact them, not me.

Latest on Dick Buckingham.  Thought you all would want to know. Larry Dent

Dear Friends -

I finally have some additional news regarding Dick Buckingham.  I wish that
could say he has come out of his coma but at my last conversation with Tom
Armstrong, Dick's condition was the same.

The information that I can share is, that the final arrangements were made
have Dick transported from Christchurch N.Z. to Seattle.  He, Judy and Susan
Armstrong will be arriving in Seattle on Saturday (February 29th).  Dick
will
be immediately transferred to the University of WA Hospital.  It has been a
challenge to find a way to transport Dick back to Seattle and the  cost of
the
flight alone will be $38,000.00. This is not covered by insurance.

Many of you have emailed asking if there is any way that you can help Dick
and
Judy during this time.  So much, right now,  is "out of our hands" but we do
know that the financial implications of the transport and the possible
longterm care of Dick will probably be devastating to Judy.  In the hopes of
relieving some of that cost, we have set up a benevolent fund at Washington
Mutual Bank.  Contributions to this account can be made by either by going
a local branch or mailing a check to the address listed below.

WA Mutual Acct. #:  094-350089-4

Checks should be written to:  Donna Thorson FBO Dick Buckingham.

The new laws require the name of the person whose Social Security Number is
on
the account has to be on the payee part.  FBO means for the benefit of.
WaMU
has sent out an email to all branches announcing that the account is open
and
put it on their benevolent account list.  This way if some one just walks in
the account can be easily located.

If the check is sent directly to Donna, she will compile a list of donors so
that Judy can thank them (This isn't something that we think she needs to do
but something that we think she would want to do!). If you would prefer to
deposit the check directly into the account but still would like to let Judy
know about you support, you can send Donna(tdthorson@comcast.net)  or me an
email (No need to include amount of deposit) and we will be sure to include
your name.

 Donna's Mailing address is: Donna Thorson / 18820 SE 42nd ST / Issaquah, WA
98027 / Tel: 425-641-3551

At this time, I don't think it would serve a purpose to visit Dick in the
hospital...if Judy decides it would be of help, I will let you all know.
You
can also contact her directly through her email (rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com ).
Although she has told me that she hasn't been able to respond to most of the
e-mail, I know that she has really appreciated the notes of encouragement
and
prayer.  She asked me to thank everyone for their best wishes and said they
have meant a lot.

Sincerely, Elna Duffield - 425-823-6081