RE: lathe

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lathe
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:40:06 -0800
Guy,

Hehe! I taught in the Comprehensive School system in England for 17 years.

Buy the Sparey book, you won't regret it.

Jacques Le Clainche in California.

Guy wrote: "I had a sub-standard UK education.  I made a mistake, many years
ago, of passing the wrong exam which got me sent to a Grammar school where I
learnt Latin and Greek.  My mates had more sense and went to Comprehensive
schools where they got to do Woodwork and Metalwork and learnt to weld, use
lathes and so on.  I have always thought that I got the less valuable
education even if I did end up with the "letters after my name"