Re: weber carbs

To: Billy and Ann Green <bgreen99@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: weber carbs
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:00:44 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Billy and Ann Green wrote:

> A local import mechanic recommends a switch from my 1&1/4" SU's to Weber.
> Will a Dual throat, downdraft WEBER carburetor model 38DPS100 with intake
> manifold and air cleaner ( intended for an Austin MINI 1275 engine) possibly
> fit my 948?

It will fit, but if you go for a Weber, consider the side draft on an A
series engine.
The A series uses the 2 port intake and this seems to have a negative
effect with down draft carbs.
The 1500 on the other hand with it's 4 port intake sees a nice
performance increase with a down draft.
I tried a used down draft set up a long time ago and I didn't like it.
I also bought a brand new set up for my A40 and quickly took it off and
gave it away.
But like they say, YMMV

--
Frank Clarici