Re: Bugeye door pocket help

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye door pocket help
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:16:19 -0500
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
What? you mean you don't have a fence post widget or a toaser tray kind
of solution for this one?

Actually, I'd be tempted to make some. Unless you want absolute
authentic stuff, you can bend a couple small sheets using some angle
iron clamped in a vise and a couple C-clamps and a hammer. The flat bar
from a hardware type store can be hammered to a curve with the ends
clamped between a couple flat boards. Nobody sees them once installed. I
used a male and female wood form and a sledge hammer to form the battery
bump outs on the firewall for "Little Bits". Sounds crude, but the end
result turned out good.  Need to find those for a digital photo and
write up, hope I kept them someplace safe.

Dave & Bobbie
1967 AH3000 "Not in Bits"
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits"
1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix "Year of the MINI" (See link below)
http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com