Re: Pizza was Re: Auto Recalls

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pizza was Re: Auto Recalls
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:52:26 -0600
> Ooo, is them fightin' words? ;)
> Perhaps they were in the mood for a real bagel?

Yup! I have had pizza in many places in this country and others. The Chicago
area is the place to go. It certainly isn't the place to bypass on your way
from Oregon to New York for a pizza! Chicago pizza is one of the few
compensations for the road salt.

On the other hand, I will probably go to my grave mystified by the idea of a
restaurant in the Chicago area named "California Pizza Kitchen". At least
they didn't call them "pizza pies"...

The bagels I will certainly grant you. Almost worth going to NYC for them.

I am not from the MidWest; I moved here semi-voluntarily after college. I
do, however, find myself subscribing to many of the concepts in the Joel
Mabus (from Michigan) song "Hopelessly Midwestern", especially the line
where it says "And if you'd rather go to Hell than New York City, you're
hopelessly Midwestern".
David Lieb
Bandwidth Burner