Ebay item for sale (?) - 2000 Audi TT Quattro for $7700!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Ebay item for sale (?) - 2000 Audi TT Quattro for $7700!
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:51:08 EST
List Folks,
I came across a $7700 Audi TT on Ebay.  Normally I ignore such rubbish, but
since this is one of my favorite cars I had to inquire.  Below is the response
I got from the seller.  What category of scam/hustle would this fall under?
Madness...

Michael Lott
Compton, CA
1968 MG Midget - in boxes, on shelves

hi there,
My name is Darren Waite and i am glad you are interested on my 2000 Audi TT
Quattro Silver .

The car will be shipped from Italy and i will cover the shipping costs and
insurance,as i already told you in the auction.You will not have to pay
additional taxes, just the price for it.I just want to tell you from the
beginig that everything regarding this car is legit.

The buy it now price is 7700 $ (including shipping and handling).

Shipping:

i will ship the unit with DHL Air First , and you will receive it in 3
days.This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a
year,so there will be no probleme to use it even in weekends. those are just
a few things that you are benefit of:

No weight or size restrictions (subject to aircraft)  / Tracking services

I guess it is better for bouth to use it ,because is not like others
services (FedEx ,UPS),regarding the size and weight of the unit.

Some words about the car :

Perfect condition,still under warranty (extended at 2 years) .No damage,no
scratches or dents, no hidden defects, and it is as advertised.The car is an
US model with US specs,it passed the test emissions and comes with all the
documents you need to register the car .I am the original owner of the car
and the title is clear.

Also,if you send me your full name and address,so i can make a reservation,
and in this case I will take you as a serious and possible buyer( this way I
will loose all the nonpaying bidders that I occure everyday) and arrange a
further deal.

Regarding the bidding/ you are approved.

I talked to eBay and they told me that you will receive the confirmation a
little bit later ,because i made my account with this option from the
begining.you will receive the confirmtion,immediatly, after delivery.

I need  the money to use for a downpayment on another farm i am  trying to
buy, that is i want to sell it at this price.

let me know

thanks

Ing.Darren Waite