Brakes work, now stuck in 1st gear :-(

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Brakes work, now stuck in 1st gear :-(
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:15:10 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to all who participated in my brake rebuild
project. Many lessons were learned and I hope to
remember them long enough to pass the info along.

Anyway, the brakes work great. I went for a drive with
Mike and Ric around Amarillo. It was the first time I
really had it out of the garage for long and it was
great. Follow the leader around the outskirts of town.
I remember why I spend so much time working on it now.
Whata hoot!

When I split from the parking lot to head home I found
I couldn't get it out of 1st gear. My first thought
was the clutch, but that works fine. I tried pulling
on the shifter, starting and stopping, turning off the
engine and trying to pull it out of gear, rocking it
back and forth, etc. No luck. I think I know where
that  funny sound has been coming from in the
transmission area. Any thoughts? (Is there a Datsun
transmission in my future?)

Cheers, bill b.