Re: Brakes work, now stuck in 1st gear :-(

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Brakes work, now stuck in 1st gear :-(
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:01:25 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bill,

Sounds like overtravel on the shifter fork.  A washer on the fork shaft
limits the travel and cures the problem.  But if you decide to go with a
5sp,  I think I spotted another one in the Pick-and-Pull in Fairfield CA.
The Pick-and-Pull off Sunrise Blvd. in Sacramento gets picked over pretty
fast by whoever is nailing them for MiniMania.  I also think whoever it is
reads this list, so it may be too late even as you read this.  But if you're
in north CA, let me know and I'll give you the details.  I picked one or two
for listers but no longer have the time for it.  I can and will continue to
be a 'spotter' however.

Glen