Re: Help me to understand this.

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help me to understand this.
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:30:55 EST
In a message dated 3/18/04 4:55:17 PM, type79@ix.netcom.com writes:

> Many of you know the fascination I hold for original cars and factory
> original parts.
> With that said, What the hell is this all about?!?!?!?!

Obviously   the buyer knows by looking that the picture illustrates the real
thing, even though I have some doubt as to whether this trunk seal could be
used on the pre-61 (bugeye) models.   Obviously, he also considers $1.50 an
inch
a fair price for the real thing.   File this with the $365 Abarth exhaust
for a Bugeye a few days ago that cost $25 new.   Inflation at work, except that
the exhaust system looked and sounded original at least from the description.
  I'd have my doubts about the seal.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"