Wheel Spacers?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel Spacers?
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:23:32 -0800
I put a set of the K&N Minitor 13"X5" wheels on the Bugeye today with
175/70R-13 Yokohama AVID Touring tires today.  It looks really great and
it fills the wheel wells much better than the original 145R13 Dunlop
SP-20s that were on there.  They handle real well too. There was a
little concern about the tie rod ends rubbing on the inside of the rim,
but I have no problems with that.  The tie rod ends use nylon insert
nuts that are smaller than the castellated nuts that were originally on
the car.  The only other problem is the left tire rubs the frame when
the steering wheel is turn all the way to the left.  Where can I get
spacers for the front wheels?  Is this a good idea?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2