'66 windshield post?

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: '66 windshield post?
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:19:07 -0800
Hello spridgets,

  Ah, spring has sprung! in honor of the first days of spring, i took
  the top down and went for a wonderful drive, the smell of new mown
  grass, the sight of the first flowers of the year, and the song an
  A series engine. life is good. ...

  after i got back, i thought, hey, maybe i should actually put the
  top in the boot, you know, so i could actually take a trip and have
  it with me. what a concept huh? .. but the header rail does not
  physically fit through the boot opening! it has "quick clamps" to
  attach it to the windshield. is this the correct windshield frame
  for a '66 or has a PO put on a later one? the windshield itself IS
  has the right markings to be correct, but it got me to wondering
  about the frame? anyone else have a '66 onto which the top is
  attached with SNAPS?

  TIA

--
Best regards,