Re: Battery Drain

To: Tommy_Samuels@MARKIVAUTO.COM
Subject: Re: Battery Drain
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:05:44 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net information
Tommy,

Here's how I begin. With everything turned off, confirm your
suspicion, by disconnecting one battery cable. In a darkened and
quiet location, touch the cable to the battery post and look/listen
for a small spark when the cable is reconnected. If you indeed have a
spark, then something is drawing current. Start at the fuse box and
by determine which circuit is drawing power. One is live all the time
and one is switched by the key (fuse box green wires). Next is to
disconnect items one at a time until your spark disappears. I think
I'd try the lighting related accessories first.

Gerard

--
One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it.
~French Proverb

http://www.gerardsgarage.com/FS_Garage.htm