RE: 1275 con rods

To: "LBC" "Spridgets" <@awesomenet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1275 con rods
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 21:21:21 -0600
From "Robert Duquette"

>> As long as Bob knows where to go

Thanks, guys.  ( People are telling me where to go all the time . . . : ) )

I'm looking for good cores to send to APT to have done up.  I have a few
good leads at the moment that I am following ( the people on this list never
seize to amaze me! ).

I may have bought something from oldgreynorm in the past.  It's certainly a
familiar name.

Can anyone tell me if there are any rods to avoid?  My parts book lists AEG
520 and AEG 624 for 1275s, while the ones one eBay are AEG 521 and AEG 625.

One ebay'er says 'must be sized'.  What does that mean?

Robert D.

 Sized would mean he's not sure what he's put
 together as a set. Possible mix matched from
 different blocks. That or the bearings have
 been run dry and need machine work.
 Size - Mic to measure.

 need a set of the best, which is Carrillo Rods
 Dig deep they dont come cheap.
 Machine, rework 2nd hand rods is the $$$ way
 to go.

 Larry Rex

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]

[Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]