[Fwd: emissions]

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: emissions]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:27:25 +0000
Is it better to go for testing early in the morning, when it's cold, or later
in the afternoon when it is warm?

Thanks, cyrille

I don't remember what year your car is but generally the octane will not
improve your emmissions numbers... Depending on the state of tune it may
actually harm the numbers. Is your air recirculation pump there and working?
Most cars fail the hydrocarbons requirement at idle due to this piece of
equipment not being there. Some guys add methanol to their gas just before the
test. I have seen tailpipes drilled on the top (so the holes don't show)so the
probe sucks in some fresh air too.

Always have it tested when it is completely warmed up. A cool, dry day wouldn't
hurt as the air is denser in the coolness, giving a little more oxygen
concentration.

HTH,
Kent
1960 Bugeye