RE: Gift idea no LBC - Jarhead off to Iraq

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Gift idea no LBC - Jarhead off to Iraq
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:05:35 EDT
Cc: spritenut@exit109.com
Frank,
My favorite possession while I was stationed overseas was a Grundig
short-wave radio.  I could only take so much of the Armed Forces TV and radio
feeds.  I
understand the new and modern armed forces have internet cafes and access to
satellite telephones to make things a bit easier.  However, I wrote my mother
and girlfriend many letters using old fashioned paper and pen (black ink not
blue...) while listening to the BBC World Service.  Just a suggestion.  Wish
him well for me.

Michael Lott
USMC '85-'91
Compton, CA