Re: stuck in first gear, another look

To: AUTOX SPRIDGET LIST <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stuck in first gear, another look
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:13:30 -0500
Charles Christ wrote:

> whew!
> the most common reason a spridget gear box locks up in first gear is
> the
> detent balls for the synchroniser...
> it sounds hard yet it is rather easy to do.

Sounds doable. Since the next logical step is to pull the engine and
trans, no matter what route I go, looks like I will start there. Always
wanted to see what the insides really looked like anyway. :-)
  Will print out the response from Charles and Jim and others who have
responded and review them, along with the Haynes manual before I start.

thanks, bill b
1969 Sprite (Bilby)
  /\   /\
  o    o