Re: who's this guy? Now Lunar Rover

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: who's this guy? Now Lunar Rover
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:56:17 EDT
Forget it guys, I have the car story of them of all.
About the time our two presidential candidates were doing their respective
military service, I too answered the call to duty by working as a rocket
scientist. Actually an engineer with a deferment to work at an aerospace plant.
Actually just a machine tool manufacturer that made machines which cut gears,
mostly rear end gears. My job was called "Design Test Engineer" which meant I
spent
all of my time trying to break things. I not only got paid for this, but it
was determined that I was serving our country by doing so.

Anyway one of the things I tried to break was the gears used in the Lunar
Rover.

Remember that baby? Shot her up to the moon. Took it out for a spin. Decided
it was just a piece of sh*t. Took the plates off and walked away.

David Oliner