Re: Ford was Re: who's this guy?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ford was Re: who's this guy?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:42:16 -0400
 Being  Ford Tech for the last 24 years and a chevy tech for the 7
before that I can say that Fords are easier to work on.

I do see alot of cars with higher mileage on them in the past few
years. Escorts with over 200,000 Aerostars with over 200,000 and some
Taurus and Crown Victorias with well over 100,000.  The trick to any
car to make it last tho is maint. If you do regular maint (oil
changes, trans services, coolant flushes, etc.) any of them will last
a long time.  I have seen some cars with only 25,000 miles that are
junk because they were not maintained at all or just not taken  care
of. Makes me sick to see someone buy a $40,000.00 + truck with all the
gizmo's and gadgets and then beat it and abuse it and not maintain it.

But what is worse are thos that buy a new vehicle and then just drive
it and don't even check the oil much less change it and at 50,000
miles complain that it is junk and that they will never buy another
ford product. Any car is junk when driven that way.

1962 Sprite, 1984 Honda Gold Wing, 1988 Mustang convertible (which is
for sale) 1990 Chevy Corvette, 1992 Explorer.

Dan