Re: tach revisited.

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tach revisited.
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:53:59 -0400
Bill,

Maybe someone else on the list can confirm this, I'm not sure if the
tach electronics is the same as the Healey BJ8, but I fixed my BJ8 for
$1. It was reading 2000 higer than actual. There's a capacitor inside
that goes bad and replacing it fixed it. Look at Jim Werner's web pages
for "BJ8 Tach Reads High", his description was good enough for me to
follow. Could be worth a try,

http://hometown.aol.com/bgahc/jimwerner.html

Dave & Bobbie

1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits"
1967 AH3000 "Not in Bits"
Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix (See link below)
http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com