RE: Sick Bugeye

To: "'Craig Reese'" <creese@spillman.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sick Bugeye
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:37:43 +0100
Hi Craig,

You didn't mention if the rebuild was an original 948, or a later 1275.  If
it was a later 1275, it might be something as simple as crankcase
ventilation.  Without a PCV valve of some sort, 1275 develop a lot of
internal pressure, and the oil goes out the easiest way possible, ie. front
(timing gasket) and rear (rear plate) of the engine.  But if it's the
original 948, I'll have to defer to others on the list.

Greg Gowins