Starter problems

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter problems
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:23:37 -0400
Hello,

I have a problem with my car.
I changed the starter 4 month ago, and last week the car would not start. As
I turned the key in the ignition, I could hear the starter solenoid
clicking, I was able to measure current at the positive side of the starter,
but it did not turn...
I removed the starter, connected it to a battery charger (to see what it
would do).. and it turned... I replaced the starter in the car and was able
to start the car without a problem.
this afternoon, I go to start the car... and the same thing happens again...
the car would not start (solenoid sounds ok, but the starter motor did not
turn)... because the car is at work, I was not able to work on it....

does anyone has any idea of what might be wrong?

cyrille