Re: Hey U.K. folks

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hey U.K. folks
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 17:17:17 -0700 (PDT)
New CVTs produced by honda get signifigantly better mileage than the
older "standard" transmission.  Further, Honda's automatic
transmissions from years before only lagged on a standard by "1" mpg.
It's been my experience that my girlfriends automatic gets much better
mileage than my stick ever did, (same car).  Ill be the first to admit
i beat the hell outta my car, but driving style more than anything
makes the difference.

--- Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net> wrote:
> With the talk of Gasoline prices, I had a couple questions that the
> folks over in the UK might have answers for.
>
> Has the price in the UK or other countries risen at the same rate as
> ours has recently or has it been semi stable?
>
> Since most standard transmission cars get better milage than
> automatic
> transmissions, what is the ratio of standard to automatic
> transmissons
> over there? We seem to be running about 2% or less standard
> transmissions over here. Think of the gas we could save if all the
> soccer moms could drive a stick shift!
>
> The only diesel car you can buy in the US is the VW Golf. Probably
> less
> than 2% US diesel autos. What percent of European vehicles are
> diesel?
>
> One last question in general, if the price of crude has gone up so
> much
> lately and the gas is rising in response to that, how come a quart of
>
> oil can still be less than a $1 on sale?
>
> Dave (Sunburned at Carlisle for the first time in 19 years.)

=====
The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
www.TheFlashfire.net
quality webhosting since 1999.