Carlisle Treasure - NOT

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carlisle Treasure - NOT
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 19:17:03 -0400
Well this past weekend I picked up a complete 1275, with carbs, dizzy,
genny, and all the goodies. It turned over and the price was right.
Tonight I tried to start it. cleaned the carbs, fresh gas, new points,
got spark, got gas, got no fire up.
No carb suction to speak of so I did a compression check.

Are you ready for this.......
25 PSI across the board!

Ok, the valves are going up and down, so unless the top of each piston
broke off, what am I looking for?
I know it's a tear apart but before I do, I want to clean the engine so
I won't get to it for a couple nights.

What would cause super low compression in all 4?
A nice even 25 psi each.
No noticable holes in the block. Air pump stuff capped off and/or pluged
up. Carb pistons work. Head bolted on.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ