Ignition lock woes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition lock woes
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:31:51 -0600
Argggggh!  The tip of the (expletive deleted) ignition key broke off in the
lock on my '77 Midget.  There's about 1/4" of the key down at the bottom of
the lock cylinder, and I can still work the ignition with the rest of the
key, but it takes some fiddling.

Anyone know how to get the lock cylinder out of the steering column lock so I
can fish/poke/prod/fiddle the bit of key out?  I'm assuming that I'll have to
unbolt the steering column lock from around the steering column, but then
what?

Thanks for any help or ideas.

--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)