Re: Spits, Pops, and F$%ts AAARRRGGGHHHH!

To: justbrits2 <justbrits2@comcast.net>, cfchrist@earthlink.net, ckotting@wideopenwest.com, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spits, Pops, and F$%ts AAARRRGGGHHHH!
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:04:42 -0400
Thanks fer all the tips. I checked 'em out, added oil to the
carbs (just did that 2 weeks ago!), etc. Still bad news.

Parked it, let it idle with hood up, and revved it looking for
sparks. There it was. The spring around the temp sensor
tube was bouncing on one of the coil contacts. Obviously
when I installed the air pump, it nudged the temp tube
down just a wee. I moved the temp tube, took 'er for
a ride, and all is well.

So ... should I find some sorta cover for the temp tube??
How would I get it on?

Whew!

chuck