gear shift lever

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: gear shift lever
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 12:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
    Hello to the group,

     I need some of your expertise!!

     Since I have owned my '59 BE, there was always a shifting
problem. Mainly finding the gears. Always a long throw.

     Finally pulled out the gear shift lever, and found nothing
on the end of the lever. VB shows several parts, but I'm wondering
what holds these on?? Seems just a straight shaft and no markings
for mounting.

     Don't know much about the history, but will have to go with
it being original issue equipment. Would someone have an extra
lever laying around that could be put to some better use???

     As usual, thanks in advance       glm

Introducing the New Netscape Internet Service.  Only $9.95 a month -- Sign up
today at http://isp.netscape.com/emreg.   Netscape. Just the Net You Need.