Brake master cylinder

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake master cylinder
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
After searching the web and a couple list archives I
need to come back to you folks as I think you are the
best resource for LBC's I can find.

My son Cody and I put a brake/clutch master cylinder
and clutch slave kit in my 62 Mk II about a month ago
- a resounding success! Based on this we are
attempting a brake master cylinder kit in his recent
purchase - a 73 MBG GT. Cody has just turned 16 (US
driving age) and we are hoping to get his road weary
MGB going in a month or two.

We have the master cylinder out, but cannot remove the
circlip from the cylinder. I have retracted the
spring, and can get snapring pliers on, but can't
really get them to bite enough as they don't pass
through the clip, but hit the guide bearing.

We are working from a Haynes manual, and can't find
any local help here in western Colorado. Can anyone
point us to help, or offer anything to two guys who
think they are mechanics and unfortunately own tools?

Thanks!

Joe Lansing 62 Sprite Mk II
Cody Lansing 73 MGB GT, 73 MGB Roadster