RE:Bike engined Spridget?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:Bike engined Spridget?
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:02:27 -0700
Ron wrote: "A friend came by for a motorcycle ride with his rice rocket
Suzuki Bandit, 1200cc, 475 lbs, 125 HP with mods" - and Kent: "Kawasaki
R-10... 998 cc putting out 184 HP and it weighs 375 lbs."

I wonder how easy it would be to put one of these engines and sequential
transmission in a Spridget... with an RX7 axle to take the power. Has this
ever been done? I know of Lotus Seven clones with Hayabusa 1300cc engines
(similar kind of weight and power to the R-10), but of course the Seven is
lighter than the Sprite and therefore liklely better suited to the bike
engines.

Yeah, I know, stupid idea - but I have nothing better to think about this
morning! 8-)

NON LBC- my father in law has a 1975 Bricklin. I remember someone on this
list was/is a Bricklin owner? I would like some info. Please email me off
line at hobbycars@cox.net

JLC

---