Re: Made in China - no LBC - longish

To: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Subject: Re: Made in China - no LBC - longish
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:43:28 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Timothy H. Collins wrote:

> So listers, when one of your purchases comes from China, how can you be
> sure it was made in the US branch factory in China or was it made across
> the alley in the local Chinese machine shop???

That's easy, just don't buy chinese goods.

And if you want some real good info to forward to the engineer students
list, how about making it a point to have the engineer actually try out
what he designed! See if it works in the real world.
I have a growing list of "engineers" that need a good swift kick where
it hurts.
I have always said that an architect should have 2 years of hands on
building experience before he gets his license.
Or maybe I should just invent Inviso-duct and inviso-girder
--
Frank