Carb tuning

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb tuning
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:30:08 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
As I was adjusting the carbs today (after adding heavier springs per
Daniel1312's reccommendation, and adjusting the valve clearances), I
noticed something odd, at least to me. If I let the car idle for a
minute or so, and then rev the motor, there's a small cloud of fuel that
spits back out the carb throat. That would tell me the carb is rich, but
it seem to be just fine per the "lift the piston" method. What am I
missing?

As an aside, I also noticed tonight that the car idles lower with the
headlights on (~900 rpm) than with them off (~1200 rpm) 900 rpm with
this cam sounds like the engine wants to stall, but it keeps running.
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-=Chris