Re: "bog" or "flat spot" on initial (off-idle) acceleration

To: <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: "bog" or "flat spot" on initial (off-idle) acceleration
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 05:32:03 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Heh, it's like the old engineering joke where the engineer bills the
client $1000 for tightening a screw. The client demans an itemized list
of the charges, which the engineer provides:
Tightening screw: $1
Knowing which screw to tighten: $999
After all, it's only 2 little springs, right? ;)

I did take the Midget up to my parent's place in Upstate New York this
weekend, though. And between the heavier (8 oz) carb springs, re-setting
the mixture, bumping up the idle speed, valve adjustment, and a good
long drive, the car is running quite well. Mileage went up a smidge
(with a hot cam, I don't expect it to be great), and the engine ran
smooth and strong. That flat spot was even almost unnoticeable. Took my
dad out for a spin in the twisty roads around his place and we had a
blast.

I'll keep the Aldon solution in my back pocket, though. :)

-=Chris