Re: Sprite radiator hose

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite radiator hose
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:16:04 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>

> Hello Jim,
>
> reinforcement? .... mine was too long too, so i cut it off...
> no problem.... .. between the time i bought the new ones (inlet
> and outlet) i lost the short one, so i simply cut the old long
> one at the elbow to make a short one. no problems... what were
> you expecting? steel mesh?

In 34 years of British car ownership this was the first hose ever
encountered that did not have a fabric reinforcement to assure structural
integrity. In my opinion and that of a mechanical engineer a radiator hose
without reinforcement is a disaster waiting for a place to happen. My
question, better stated, should have been directed towards the potential
failure of radiator hoses operating at high temperatures and under pressure.
To carry this forward, I was looking for someone who might have had such a
failure in an effort to urge this supplier of substandard parts to do a more
effective job of screening the items offered to an unspecting clientele.
Jim B.