Re: Sprite radiator hose

To: "David Riker" <davriker@pacbell.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite radiator hose
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:36:07 -0500
I am a Beck/Arnley distributor (and have been selling their product since
1972). Beck hasn't handled radiator hoses for 10 years. When they did, they
were usually Lea-Healey for most British applications. Most vendors now
have McKay who are an Australian manufacturer. They usually have a
fiberglas cord running lengthwise. The LH hose were quite good, but the
older versions were better with a wound cloth appearance though rubber
coated. The John Bull brand had the actual cloth on the outside, but they
haven't been in the States for around 25 years. They are for show only,
though, as shelf rot renders them horribly unreliable.
         A seasonal eyeballing of your hoses should keep you from being
surprised.
         Cheers.   Peter C.
=====