The "Original British Car Day"

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The "Original British Car Day"
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:04:21 -0400
Just got home from the 27th OBCD.   Boy has this show gone down hill.   The
biggest car category on the field today was "Misc".   If there were less than
10 preregistered cars per Marque/Model, you were put into the "misc" category.
Half of the cars there today were in the "misc" category.   Austin Healeys
(big) had only one class even though there were 30+ cars.  No seperate classes
for 100's or 3000's!  Mg's with the exception of Midgets had umpteen classes
as well as Triumphs (note some of these "classes" had less than the 10
'preregistered' requirement).  There even was no class for XK-120 Jags, only
the newer models. Boy those 120 guys really enjoyed being in the "misc" class
with the rest of us. This used to be the biggest and best British car show on
the eastcoast, now it sucks.  I think the promoter is trying to use it to
finance his 'restoration shop' rather than continue to do it for the
enthusiasts.  This will be my last OBCD show and I said so to the promoter and
I was encouraging other fellow "misc" category people to do the same.  As a
footnote we had 10 Spridgets in attendance there!  Enough for a "class".

Biff