Re: A-arm bushings

To: LDS <60bugeye@ev1.net>
Subject: Re: A-arm bushings
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:21:23 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
LDS wrote:

> Frank: Starting from only a mere shell.  Which is the best order of
> installation so other things dont get in the way as it is going together.
> Dont want to have to remove previously installed stuff because I forgot to
> install something beforehand. (in other words, what is the logical order of
> installation).  And dont even give me any of that two day to put a whole car
> together stuff :)  Scratching stuff is not an option.

Leo, 2 days with no scratches, I do it all the time.
Well, 3 days if I have to make a whole interior.

Install brake lines and hoses
Install the drivetrain.
Install your suspension.
Install steering column.
Install cooling and heating systems.
Install exhaust system
Install wiper system w/out arms for now.
Install lights and hook up the switches BEFORE the dash goes in.
Shake out the electric.
Install cowl snaps/studs/windshield washer frogs.
Install rear snaps, studs, turnbuckles, and top clips.
Install dash and hook up all gauges and switches, retest all electric.
Install windshield, interior, seats, steering wheel, and wiper arms.
Bleed brakes and clutch and go for a ride.
Make those minor adjustments after a trip around the block like
straightening out the steering wheel and finding that exhaust rattle.

For no scratches, use a popsicle stick or thin flat plastic tool to fit
the rubber and rim on the beehive lenses.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ