Broken bracket for SPAX shock

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Broken bracket for SPAX shock
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 11:27:29 -0400
Looking under my '78 Midget yesterday to investigate a little rattle
(probably just gravel in the road), I discovered that the bracket supporting
my left-rear SPAX shock had broken clean off, and the shock was just
dangling!  I must confess that I don't know if this has been this way for 5
minutes or 5 months.  So I am faced with a bunch of questions...
- is there a source for a replacement bracket?
- should I find someone who can build a new one?
- can I drive the Midget with this looking this way?

Please have a look at this page, with a picture of the situation - thanks.
http://www.1978mgmidget.com/broken_spax_bracket.html

Steve