Blind drivers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Blind drivers
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:18:13 -0500
In a message dated 7/13/2004 10:16:42 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Ankitterer@aol.com writes:
Actually, all these things at drive up windows and such make sense when you
hear my
story of a friend, legally blind, who was granted a driver's license to
drive
in daylight over roads that were familiar to her.
.
I have an Uncle that, due to age and diabetes, has only peripheral vision.
He is still allowed to drive, but only within the city limits of Holland,
TX.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico

My 89-year-old mother, who can not see the TV, has Alzheimers, is unable to
walk without support, wears diapers, and requires 24-hour nursing care still
has a valid Florida drivers license.  My father-in-law, who is only a little
bit better physically and mentally, just "passed" the AARP senior drivers'
brush-up course, and exchanged his Virginia license for a Michigan one
without answering any questions besides "Would you like to pay by check or
credit card?"

Never assume the other guy's playing with a full deck.

JohnD