Re: Blind drivers

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blind drivers
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:40:20 -0500
> It's actually very hard on train crews when the hit someone.  Even though
> they know there is nothing they can do to stop a train on a dime, they go
through
> quite a bit of phycological trauma.

That is certainly the truth! I used to live next door to a train engineer.
This was one tough hombre -- Harleys and old VWs and all the rest of those
stereotypes. He got so tore up when people committed suicide deliberately in
front of his train. It was what they wanted to do, there was nothing he
could do about it, but it was very hard for him to accept that internally.
David Lieb