Re: Safety glasses and eyeballs NOW a bit longish*

To: grday@btinternet.com, pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety glasses and eyeballs NOW a bit longish*
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 08:30:27 EDT
In a message dated 7/21/04 2:20:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
grday@btinternet.com writes:

> how do I put the anti-scratch coating
> back onto my prescription plastic lenses after scratching them

I have worn prescription glasses for many many years and got drawn into
getting this coating and that coating for UV, scratch resistance, anti-glare,
and
the like.  Until I found out that these coatings are themselves very
scratchable.  I remember one pair that had so many little scratches that I
could barely
see out of them after less than a year.  It turned out to be the coatings
getting scratched up, not the plastic lenses.  Now I bypass ALL the coatings
the
shysters try to sell me to add on to the cost of my glasses, and my glasses go
scratch-free (unless a REAL scratcher hits them) until I replace them again.

--David C.