Re: Resto tips/links/books for the

To: livinginthepast3@hotmail.com ("William West"), spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Resto tips/links/books for the
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:32:50 -0400
In a message dated 7/29/2004 10:54:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "William West"
<livinginthepast3@hotmail.com> writes:

>Ok guys, can you provide some links/pointers/books on doing a proper resto?

I like 'MG midget and austin healey sprite restoration' by Jim Tyler.  Also How
to restore your collector car (brownell) is a really good general guide and has
a lot of sheetmetal stuff.  I think you can learn the mig just fine with some
scrap but my suggestions would be:

get one with a tank rather than flux on the line, get one with enough power
(110-130a rather than 85 or so) and keep in mind that working with the
old/painty/rusty steel on your back is really different than clean new scraps
in a vise.

Mark M.