Re: Brake Bleeding question

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Bleeding question
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:57:05 -0500
>          Check that you have the brakes adjusted enough. 3 clicks on the
> hand brake to check the rears. What you describe are typical mal-adjusted
> symptoms.

And if you run out of adjustment before you achieve that, measure your brake
drums. The casting indicates that the maximum allowable diameter is 7.06". I
believe it. Mine were around 7.125 (tape measure is not the best way to
check, but my vernier runs out at 6") and I had your symptoms. I swapped
them with the parts car and it works fine. Thanks to the list for making me
check that!
David Lieb
1972 Blue