oshit night (was)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: oshit night (was)
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 22:54:48 -0400
Friday night Chris King, Myself, and the newest NJ Midget owner, Paul
Santini, went to help fellow lister John Gottstein find the source of a
grinding moise on his 1500 Midget.
We counted on R&Ring the engine due to the whereabouts of the noise.
(clutch/bellhousing)
Chris and John got a head start on paul and myself but we arrived in
time to yank the engine.
Once out and no visible clutch problems, we pulled off the clutch to
find not 1 but all 4 flywheel bolts very loose. One was rubbing the clutch.
A little locktite and back together, some quick tweaks of the dizzy and
carb and John says his Midget never ran so good or so smooth.
I guess a loose flywheel make for a slight vibration from the engine!
The flywheel bolts did not just loosen up, they were probably overlooked
on engine assembly.
But all is fine now.
Special thanks to Chris because am not much help when it comes to 1500s.
Paul is a Spitfire guy and all he kept saying was it's a whole lot
easier when you are siting on the tire.
Our only true "oshit" was when John broke hia solenoid into a few
pieces. But since there were a few other LBCs in the shed where his car
was stored, we sort of stole one off a TR3 chassis. Besides, the TR has
been there for 30 years and a solenoid is one of the last things he's
gonna need. Besides, it looked like a parts frame to me :) and there was
a much nicer one nexted to it which was next to an 11,000 mile bugeye
which I will inquire about. Not real nice, and custom by crash at one
point but stored dry since the early 60s.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: