Re: oshit night (was)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oshit night (was)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 09:20:41 +0100
Had that happen on someone's mini once.
Being known at work as something of a "car nut" my secretary asked me to
diagnose a mini that was running and sounding very rough. Sounded like a mix
between mains and big ends in a bad way when revved, but OK when at steady
speed and quieter when the clutch was pressed.  I failed to identify the
noise of a flywheel friction drive.

Since it couldn't be fixed at work and she was keen to get the 6 miles home
I said to drive it as if she had an egg under her right foot and then it was
going to be an engine out job.

She got home OK, but then for some reason set off the next day to visit her
parents(female logic thing - if it is OK for 6 miles then 200 should be
fine)

It packed up on the motorway so she bought a new car.

Guy