Bonneville Salt flats

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net:>
Subject: Bonneville Salt flats
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 08:02:42 -0500
Well our saga continues.... Tonya and I are leaving this afternoon to run the
car at Speedweek....  The Camaro is also re-built as the " Hot Rod Magazine
Spl. " and David Freiburger ( the editor ) is going to bring it up from Los
Angles... ( it's on loan to him )....

We took the Camaro down to a new track in Goliad Texas last weekend and the
car ran flawlessly..... David had sent me his motor the week before and flew
out here to Alabama 2 weeks ago to help me install it.... we then met up in
Texas and Tonya... David and I got in the Texas Two Club... first car to run
200mph on the Texas Mile.... ( good for David... he's wanted this forever
)....

I bested David's speed with a 205  then Tonya got a decent tune up and ran
208mph and David finished the weekend with a 213mph pass.... ( which is HUGE
for the Camaro in a mile ).....

The Record at Bonneville for the Camaro is 224mph and the car should run in
the 240 range.... Maybe I can put the Editor of Hot Rod magazine in the Bville
200mph club.. wouldn't that be something...

Tonya on the other hand is running on a 223 record and we have 100 more hp
then when I set the record at 246 in a smaller engine class last year.....
she's excited.... great opportunity...

Well that's the update...

Keith Turk

Check out the new British Cars Forum: