Re: Probe Location

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Probe Location
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:40:27 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Mike MacLean wrote:

> I'll be switching from 948 to 1275 this weekend.  I suppose the temp
> bulb would be better off in the head to read direct water temp in that
> location.  If I move the probe location to the head, what size and type
> of plug do I put in the radiator?

Mike

You can use the plug from the head on the radiator but you will need the
adaptor for the block. The probe is too long and will bottom out and
most likely pop without the adaptor.
If your 1275 already has the head adaptor, and no plug, look in the gas
pipe fitting section of your hardware store, I think the threads are 5/8
x ? But I did find a brass plug that worked at the hardware store.
I think the plug from the intake manifold works too, not positive on
that though.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ