Re: Correct oil filter for a 1500

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Correct oil filter for a 1500
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:35:40 -0400
On Sunday 22 August 2004 12:08 pm, you wrote:
> I have yet again swapped engines in my Midget and now I am on a hunt of the
> correct oil filter.   The engine that came out had the number for
> FM99402UE, which I think is a spitfire engine.  I have stuffed in an engine
> with the number of FP8443UE.  The old engine had the oil filter directly to
> the engine block.  The engine that is in the car (FP...) has an adapter
> that bolts to the block and raise the filter about the steering column.

Here is are some pictures of the two engines.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2gqdt/index.html

Thanks,

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: