RE: NLBC - Computer help

To: "'gerard'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: NLBC - Computer help
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:00:55 -0500
Hi Gerard,

Duncan gave some good info.  TCP/IP is the way to go, since I'm AppleTalk
was taken out as a protocol starting with Windows 2000.

As for sharing the files, FTP is probably the easiest option.  There are a
lot of free FTP servers to install for either Windows or Mac.  Just think of
the files you are sharing as web pages to publish to the other computer.
<grin>  FTP is much easier to deal with and set up than Samba.

Greg

PS  On a side note, what brands does the dealership you work for sell?  I
remember Volvo and Mazda, but wasn't sure if VW was one as well.