RE: Breaks system and break flushing

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Breaks system and break flushing
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:02:58 -0700 (PDT)
the bubbles are only introduced after the nipple anyway, all you want
to really do is get the fluid strong in the wheel cylinder and back,
air in the nipple wont matter, and it wont back up into the system
while youre vacuuming it...

its worth 15 bucks, but not the 30 or so i paid for it...

> The 3 right angle fittings for the bleeder, do not fit. Thus, no
> seal,
> thus, no
> vacuum, thus, not work. The right angle fittings are hard plastic,
> not
> rubber,
> so if it won't fit, it aint gonna fit.
> It is CRAP!
>
> David Ramsey wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what your problem is with the mityvac is, but you say
> you
> are
> > getting bubbles?  How about brake fluid?  The bubbles are not a
> problem at
> > all.  As it is just air getting in around the threads of the
> bleeder,
> > little grease on the threads after you "clean the bleeder" will cut
> down on
> > the bubbles.  Your problem is you didn't clean the bleeders.  With
> clean
> > bleeders, attach the vacuum line to the bleeder, pump vacuum, crack
> bleeder,
> > pump a little more, close bleeder when the jar is about half full.
> Refill
> > the M/C.  You are done.  I've done if for years with the cheapest
> plastic
> > one they sell, send the 12 pack to Reno, friend.
> >                 Crash
> >
> > I just tried the Mityvac system tonight on the 70 Impala. WHAT A
> PIECE
> OF
> > CRAP!!
> >
> > Get a 12 pack and a friend. Much better, and less frustrating.
> >
> > Brad

=====
The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
www.TheFlashfire.net